Baby is just over a month and in this first month there are some products that I use daily, which have made my life as a new mom so much easier.
- Medela nipple shields – these are breastfeeding GAME CHANGERS. Really, I couldn’t breastfeed without these and I can’t recommend these enough for anyone planning to breastfeed. My sister-in-law told me about them. For any mom who have babies that have trouble latching or just staying on the breast, this makes a world of difference! And it seriously saves your nipples! After using these, I don’t have any nipple soreness or dryness life before.
- Postpartum belly shaper – I packed this in my hospital bag and started wearing this a day after I delivered (depending on how your delivered, I would first ask your nurse/doctor if its okay to wear right away). It’s been great at helping me suck everything back in. It comes with three bands and a guide that goes week by week directing you when and how to wear it. The only con is that I wish it wasn’t one size. Now that I’ve shrunken a little, I wish it would go tighter.
- High waist compression shorts – I would wear these whenever I wasn’t wearing the belly shaper. I went down a size since I really wanted them continue pulling everything back in.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – I’m obsessed with this concealer and it’s the best one I’ve used yet. Between the 3 a.m. feedings, lack of sleep, and no time for myself, this concealer makes a world of difference in making me look awake, refreshed, and like a human. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s also so quick and easy to apply then set with some setting powder, since I only have 20 mins tops to get ready to go out anywhere these days.
- Baby wrap – this wrap has saved my arms and sanity on days when baby refuses to be put down or sleep without being in my arms. It gives me the freedom to get laundry done, while also holding the baby. It’s also super supportive, while also being “stretchy” enough to position the baby comfortably. It also comes with a booklet of directions on how to wrap baby at different ages.
Some of these products aren’t items that are usually seen on those ‘baby essentials’ list when prepping for baby’s arrival. This list is geared more towards helping mom out physically and mentally!
**I haven’t had time to take any “official” outfit pictures, but I wanted to share details of some of my recent outfits that I posted on Instagram, since I got so many questions about them.
Jumpsuit: SheIn (under $25) – wearing a medium