Happy #WeddingWednesday and I guess #WimbledonWednesday?
The title is dedicated to Trey because he loves all things tennis and has plans for us to attend Wimbledon in the next few years. We went to the US Open last year (posts here) and Trey’s dream is for us to attend all four Grand Slam tournaments.
Any who…it’s also Wedding Wednesday so I thought I’d give some updates :).
- Trey & I finished our wedding preparation sessions and we have to say we had THE BEST time! We were paired up with a married couple (that we had never met) from our church and we immediately clicked with them. They are seriously #familygoals / #godlycouplegoals. I think my one piece of advice for any engaged couple is to take marriage prep classes! Any kind, whether it be religious or secular. I believe these courses help you so much in strengthening your relationship and in accessing the huge decision you are about to make. Trey and I have several “weak” areas when it comes to our relationship, so being able to identify those and discuss ways to get better…for better and forever (<– I stole that from our marriage prep book) was soo beneficial. I want/hope our sponsor couple will be in our lives forever.
- We are under 70 DAYS OUT from the big day. UNDER SEVENTY DAYS. People keep asking if I’m excited, but I’m more overwhelmed than excited. To recap why I’m overwhelmed:
- We have 500 guests. FIVE HUNDRED.
- I’m too cheap to hire a wedding planner.
- I’ve yet to get Trey’s tuxedo shirt and I keep forgetting.
- We still have to get our marriage license.
- Get wedding bands engraved.
- I need to get the cake stand which didn’t realize I needed to, haha. Definitely looking for a gold one.
- There’s a million more reasons, but I’m too tired to list them and I’m probably boring you.
- I’m starting to have wedding nightmares. It always goes something like this…it’s somehow the wedding day and I’m totally unaware and nothing is in place or finished. I have to do my own hair and make up and I can’t get it done in time for the ceremony. And then I wake up in a cold sweat.
- On the plus side, we’ve picked out the readings for our wedding mass and I’m on the third fitting of my wedding dress! I’m having the top of my dress designed so that it is an off the shoulder look with lace and tulle..hopefully it turns out nicely!
Okay, I’m done. Thanks for making it this far! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts Thursday so nothing like retail therapy to pick me up! Be sure to check back Thursday for ALL my sale picks!! I will definitely be doing a review post like last year so please stay tuned :).